Dear FireBoard users,
In order to further develope the need of Joomla for a robust forum, FireBoard component has been moved to its own new home and new name. You can find more information regarding the Kunena, the successor of FireBoard, at kunena.com. The current forum here will stay for some time more for referencing needs. You can find the FireBoard files under joomlacode.org and other files
Upgrading to Kunena is highly recommended!

Kunena! - To Speak!

A revolution is coming... Kunena - Swahili for: To Speak! THE Next generation of native Joomla based Forum ultra component. Forget what you know about Joomla based forums...
Amazingly Simple Lean and Clean Easier Customization
Kunena is about to redefine the world of Joomla! with the most simplistic ultra component out there. For ultimate performance based on state of the art development techniques, Kunena! is about to bring you... With an integrated plugin system that will allow you to extend Kunena beyond your wildest imaginations...
[SOLVED] Update from 1.01 to 1.03 causes some bugs
TOPIC: [SOLVED] Update from 1.01 to 1.03 causes some bugs
#20482
[SOLVED] Update from 1.01 to 1.03 causes some bugs 10 Years, 2 Months ago  
In general my update from fb 1.01 to 1.03 works (I updated in former times 1.00 to 1.01 beta).
[b]But there are some bugs which I have no idea to solve:[/b]

1)The thread numbers (threads, and replied threads) beside the subcategory name are set to (0,0), because it does not count the old threads (created before the update) but the threads are there. New threads are counted!(see problem [url]http://www.tsv-goeggingen.de/joomla/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,776/[/url])

2)Within the thread and in some other places too, the naming of fb environment variables is displayed, e.g. 1 _FB_DATE_WEEK ago, but not the correct value!
(see example [url]http://www.tsv-goeggingen.de/joomla/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,776/func,view/id,38/catid,20/[/url])

Does anybody know how to fix these two problems?

Gerd
#20482
[SOLVED] Update from 1.01 to 1.03 causes some bugs 10 Years, 2 Months ago  
In general my update from fb 1.01 to 1.03 works (I updated in former times 1.00 to 1.01 beta).
[b]But there are some bugs which I have no idea to solve:[/b]

1)The thread numbers (threads, and replied threads) beside the subcategory name are set to (0,0), because it does not count the old threads (created before the update) but the threads are there. New threads are counted!(see problem [url]http://www.tsv-goeggingen.de/joomla/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,776/[/url])

2)Within the thread and in some other places too, the naming of fb environment variables is displayed, e.g. 1 _FB_DATE_WEEK ago, but not the correct value!
(see example [url]http://www.tsv-goeggingen.de/joomla/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,776/func,view/id,38/catid,20/[/url])

Does anybody know how to fix these two problems?

Gerd
#20510
Re:Update from 1.01 to 1.03 causes some bugs 10 Years, 2 Months ago  
1) Did you use the recount stats option in the FB administration front-end, as suggested in the upgrade/installation document?

2) Did you also install or better update the appropriate language pack - I guess German in your case?

HTH
#20596
Re:Update from 1.01 to 1.03 causes some bugs 10 Years, 2 Months ago  
When you see _FB_[i]SOMETHING[/i] that indicates a value is not defined in your language file. You will either have to add it or wait for an updated language file.
#20904
Re:Update from 1.01 to 1.03 causes some bugs 10 Years, 2 Months ago  
Thank you very much for your help. After doing this two additional integration steps everything works fine.
I missed the step RecountCategoryStats in the upgrade section (\"rtfm\" carefully. But nevertheless it was difficult to find in the fb backend because I did an update on a german language version and therefore I saw im many places oncly cryptic variable names.

If somebody else is doing a migration from 1.0x to 1.03, please do not forget (after updating fireboard version and db) to update the language package too. Otherwise some of your variables will not be resolved but you forum still works. In the available 1.03 package you can find language package for: french, italian, hungarian and german.

Ciao Gerd
Page: 1